As a young child growing up in The Bronx, New York, my parents always instilled in me the importance of working hard and getting a good education. I can remember that academics did not come easily to me, but I was focused, determined, and had a strong work ethic. I graduated from Queens College Cum Laude and later received my Master's degree in Speech Pathology from Teachers College, Columbia University. Throughout my career, I have been passionate about helping individuals find their voice to communicate. For the last 15 years, I have dedicated my practice to helping individuals with motor speech difficulties to become effective speakers. The PROMPT approach, which is grounded in research, has been the effective methodology. Since 2005 I have trained and mentored thousands of speech and language pathologists nationally and internationally. And I have LOVED every minute of it!
Cheryl is a highly experienced and masterful speech and language pathologist who has over 40 years of experience. Cheryl is:
- Certified by The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Licensed in New York State and Connecticut
- Holds a Teacher of The Speech and Hearing Handicapped Certificate
- Certified LSVT clinician( since 2016)
- Certified PROMPT Instructor (since 2005)
- Board member of Westchester Speech Hearing and Language Association ( WSHLA)
- Certified Yoga Instructor
In today’s hectic and fast paced world I strive to make my therapy space a fun and safe haven for children and adults.